Hot days and warm nights make for perfect growing conditions for onions. Yields in this part of the country can be 3 times better than farms located on the eastern seaboard. This means that every input is used to it maximum; fuel, fertilizer, and land – it also means we need state-of-the-art facilities to properly care for all those onions!
Built in 2007, our facility is one of the newest, most technologically advanced facilities in the country, featuring:
- Over 85,000 square feet of storage and packing space.
- Cooled Storage for 31 million pounds of onions
- Our state of the art storage facilities are “ambient cooled”. We use mother nature’s cold nights and combine that with the best technology available to completely eliminate the need for refrigeration. This allows us to save HUGE amounts of precious electricity.
- Each bag of onions is filled to precisely the correct weight using our 12 scale weigher. This allows for consistent, accurate weights, in every bag which allows us to load each truck precisely to its capacity, saving time, money, and fuel.
- Our bags are sewn closed, not tied, which makes the bags more secure and prevents tampering.
Each pallet is stacked exactly the same using our robotic palletizer – reducing injuries, decreasing delivery rejections, and even helping save waste.