- 8 bratwurst
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans or bottles beer
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- Place bratwurst, beer, onion, and ketchup in a slow cooker. Pour water over mixture until everything is covered. Set slow cooker to HIGH and cook for 4 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Grill bratwurst on preheated grill until they are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Slow cooked in onions and beer and then grilled to a tasty brown perfection, these just might be the best brats on earth. They would be great at any football or tail-gate party.