A fun twist on the traditional hamburger! This delicious burger recipe was submitted to us by one of our Facebook fans, Erin Baucom Beck. These cheese and onion stuffed burgers are out of this world. Give this recipe a try tonight for family dinner, or at your next BBQ.
Add jalepenos and bacon for a fun kick!
Onion and Cheese Stuffed Burgers – Submitted by:
- 1 pound of hamburger
- 1 large onion
- Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- Bacon (optional)
- Make two smaller flat hamburger patties for each burger.
- Caramelize chopped onion in a sprinkling of sugar while you saute them.
- Top one of the flattened patties with onion and grated cheese (cooked bacon if you wanted too). Stick the other pattie on top and pinch the edges to close it.
- Grill it up and top with favorite toppings including some more caramelized onion.
- Enjoy! (It really makes the burger. It will be the best you've ever had.)